Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 19:53:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      X Philius <xphilius@yahoo.com>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone know Free Mac OS 9.xx SSH2 client??

Folks,
I know there was recently a discussion about SSH clients for the
Windows world, but I am having a devil of a time finding  a free one
for the Mac. I have a demo copy of  the Data Fellows client, and it is
the only one I can get to work with Open SSH2 and public key auth on my
BSD box. Besides the fact that it costs (not too much, really ;-) I
don't really like the interface and options (you can't change colors
and fonts on the Mac version to get that black/green old school
terminal look ;-). I have tried MacSSH (based on the classic Better
Telnet) and it works for regular password logins, but not with a public
key.  It always fails with this error (from the server log):

Dec  5 22:07:06 myserver sshd[44444]: bad pkalg spki-sign-dss
Dec  5 22:07:06 myserver sshd[44444]: Failed publickey for me from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 49157 ssh2

Of course, Open SSH from the cli in OS X works fine, but I can't boot
to OS X all the time, not enough apps yet. Any one have any
suggestions? I am afraid no one will ever develop a killer SSH client
for the Classic environment, with OS X on the way.

Jason