Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:51:18 +0100
From:      Jonathan Perkin <sketchy@netcraft.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   sys/dev/aic7xxx MFC

Hey guys.

Recently there have been quite a few reports of breakage with 29160/7892 ahc
and Supermicro combinations, of which most are fixed in -current.  For those
of us running -stable, is there likelyhood of an MFC soon (preferably before
the 4.1.1 point release), or does anyone have homebrew patches to fix the
reported problems?

At the present time, our brand new server is running an old DPT SmartRAID-IV
card due to the onboard 7892 being effectively redundant.  If nobody's either
made their own patches or Justin isn't likely to MFC soon (glancing through
the -current driver it looks like a big job), I'll have a go at doing it
myself - I'd just like to know that I'm not repeating any work first :)

(For reference, the system is Supermicro 370DLE Dual 667MHz P3, Adaptec 7892
on-board, and Seagate ST39236LW/ST173404LW drives - showing the SCB
resets/QUOTPOS errors which render a 4.1-R install impossible)

Cheers.
--
  Jonathan Perkin  <sketchy@netcraft.com>  Voice: +44 (01225) 404422
ech`echo xiun | tr nu oc | sed 'sx\([sx]\)\([xoi]\)xo un\2\1 is xg'`ol