Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 2016 13:53:57 +0100
From:      Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: deskutils/calibre

On 02/13/16 12:37, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
> ## Alex V. Petrov (alexvpetrov@gmail.com):
>
>> /usr/ports/deskutils/calibre/work/stage/usr/local/share/bash-completion/completions/calibre
>> Setting up desktop integration...
>
> The install is hanging in a call to xdg-desktop-menu (from devel/xdg-utils).
> I haven't come around to fully debugging this, but the genral code path
> to the problem in xdg-desktop-menu is in function make_lazy_default,
> where grep is called - presumably on a file, but as the variable holding
> the filename is empty/unset, grep waits for input on stdin. See ps
> for confirmation.

Thanks for this analysis, this could mean the problem has been
introduced by the recent update to xdg-utils. I need to check if it's
calibre usage of those causing problems or if it's xdg-utils fault really.

> As I've no use for these xdg-menus and the shell scripting in xdg-utils
> brought up memories of more eldritch horrors than I've time for, I just
> disabled the call to make_lazy_default and left the whole thing sitting
> on my TODO list :/.

I personally have little use for those too, not using any major desktop
environment, but the port includes such functionality, at most an option
to exclude it could be added, but I don't see the point really.

Anyway just allow me a little time to properly diagnose this and test
the eventual fix.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>