Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:08:58 -0300
From:      "Humberto Saback" <saback@atarde.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SCSI X FreeBSD 3.1

 I use FreeBSD 2.2.8 at a Compaq Proliant 1200 and a Compaq
Proliant 3000, When I installed it, it recognized the SCSI
controller as:

ncr0 <ncr 53c875 fast20 wide scsi> rev 4 int a irq 9 on pci1:9:0

But Whe I tried to upgrade my version to 3.1 it doen't recognize
my SCSI controller, is there some difference between 2.2.8 and 3.1
that causes Free 3.1 not recognizes this controller?

The controller is onboard!

Thanks