Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:14:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>
To:        FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SMP motherboard advice...

    I'm not sure if this motherboard even exists, so I'm tossing out
the question here before moving it to freebsd-smp or other list.  Is
there a product out there that has the following features:

   * dual Pentium MMX CPU support
   * at least 75 MHz bus speed
   * at least 4 PCI slots
   * at least 3 SDRAM slots
   * can cache a full 512MB of RAM
   * on-board ultrawide SCSI
   * must work with FreeBSD-SMP  ;-)

    I've always gone with ASUS, but the closest product they have is
the P/I-P65UP5 and the P/E-P55T2P4D, neither of which have SDRAM
support or on-board SCSI, and the P65UP5 uses a proprietary CPU
daughtercard.  I'm thinking of putting together a system with dual
P166's or P200's, possibly overclocked to 225 MHz (75*3).

    Is there such a beast out there, or should I forego the SDRAM
requirement (I doubt it would make a difference for what will
basically be my personal gaming machine).
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@netcom.ca)