Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 02:28:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marc Ramirez <mrami@mramirez.sy.yale.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   line settings for comconsole

Okay, I set up a FreeBSD box as a firewall, and for the console I have an
old LA100 that wants to speak 7-E-1, and, no, I can't change it. :)  I
have the printer working, so long as I do this in /etc/rc.serial:

stty </dev/ttyid0 parenb cs7 ixon ixoff
stty </dev/ttyd0 parenb cs7 ixon ixoff

With this, the device probes have ugly parity errors and everything
after rc.serial runs appears just fine.

To further my travail, I attempted to modify sio.c to do the same thing
so I could see the probe messages:

619c619
<               com->it_in.c_iflag = TTYDEF_IFLAG;
---
>               com->it_in.c_iflag = TTYDEF_IFLAG | IXOFF;
621c621
<               com->it_in.c_cflag = TTYDEF_CFLAG | CLOCAL;
---
>               com->it_in.c_cflag = CREAD | CS7 | HUPCL | PARENB | CLOCAL;

This seems to have no effect, even though I would at least expect the
(CS7|PARENB) to clear up the parity errors.  What else must I modify,
o gurus?

Marc.

--
Every four seconds a woman has a baby.  Our problem is to find this
woman and stop her.