Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 1997 01:11:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@ds9.abac.com>
To:        Andrew Zimmerman <redzim@doitnow.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 upgrade

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Andrew Zimmerman wrote:

> Now I read the 2.2.2 release notes, and it says /etc/sysconfig was
> replaced by /etc/rc.conf, but I still have an /etc/sysconfig and no
> /etc/rc.conf.  Also, I don't seem to have the new lchown() command.  Am
> I really upgraded to 2.2.2?  when I boot, it does say that it's running
> 2.2.2, but I wonder if it really is fully installed.

You're fully upgraded, but there are a few things that installing 2.2.2
doesn't do for you, which it oughtta.  One is simply copying sysconfig to
rc.conf; another is installing login.conf to the /etc directory.

*     Bryce Newall    *    IRC: Data    *    Email: data@dal.net     *
*  WWW: http://voyager.abac.com/data  *  IRC Admin, voyager.dal.net  *
*        --== Try DALnet!  Server irc.dal.net, port 7000 ==--        *
*               "Stop smirking, Number 1."  -- J.L. Picard           *
*          "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop!"  -- EMH Program, ST:FC    *