Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 03:27:39 -0500
From:      "Jason Cohenour" <jason@automated-tech.com>
To:        <dirk@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: php4-4.1.0

Dirk

I am new to BSD ports, and I am trying to get PHP4 to work with APACHE 2 /
MYSQL.  Apache2 and MYSQL work fine.

I initiall installed php4 by typing make install clean in /php4 .  After
reading the PHP4 manual, I've discovered that I need a file called
libphp4.so

This file is apparently generated by PHP when it makes so that it will work
with apache, as a module.

I realize that you must get many e-mails such as this everyday.  If you
could send me a quick how-to I would be apprechiative.  Btw.. if you have
libphp4.so pre-compiled to work with FreeBSD/Mysql/Apache2 I could take the
shortcut.

Thanks for any help

Jason Cohenour
Automated Digital Technologies