Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:59:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@freebie.dcfinc.com>
To:        kline@tera.tera.com (Gary Kline)
Cc:        wrsomsky@halcyon.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stty erase ^H ?

> 	I'm in favor of making ^H be the default because it is what
> 	I've used since the beginning.  As far as I know a
> 	backspace defaults to a ^H, and if stty is _not_ this,
> 	then the stty has to be done in the .*rc/.profile.

But guys, "backspace" =is= a cntl-h.  Any key labled "Backspace" had
better emit one of those.  I know some VT220 emulators allow the
backspace key to be configured for either cntl-h or delete, but that
seems to me an abomination.

Now, if you want to change around the mapping of backspace to INTR, or
of DEL to erase, knock yourself out.  That's the magic of UNIX.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                 Brother, can you paradigm?
602-953-1392  chad@dcfinc.com  chad@anasazi.com  larson1@home.com