Date:      Mon, 07 Apr 1997 02:00:55 +0300
From:      Ianny Brankov <bratpit@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I don't know how to start the 'lock daemon' on my FreeBSD 2.1.6

Hi,
I'm rolling FreeBSD 2.1.6 on a 486dx5/133 machine with 500MB IDE disk.
It works very well. It's a beautiful system - CONGRATULATIONS!

Now, I have a small problem:

- When I use my MacNFS nfs client it says
  that no lock daemon is running on the FreeBSD host.

- When I try to start ftpmail 1.23 it said that it can't lock
  a file (pid or log file)

I think i have to start either a lock daemon or to recompile
the kernel with some kind of 'lock_enabe' option, but I couldn't
find neither the option nor the deamon.

Please help me to learn how to start this 'LOCKING'.

Thanks!

Ianny