Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2018 15:29:42 +0530
From:      shreyank amartya <shreyankfbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   usbconfig lack of device or permission

Hi,

I am able to view usb devices with usbconfig when i'm logged in as a root
user. But, I'm not able to view any devices when I log in as a user. I have
added this user to wheel,operator groups. What am I missing here?

Usb devices appear as /dev/ugen0.[1-5]. I ask this because vlc will not run
as root and when run as user it gets permission denied when trying to
access the usb cam device to capture video.

I'm new to FreeBSD.

Thanks
Shreyank