Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2016 09:07:49 -0300
From:      =?UTF-8?B?T3RhY8OtbGlv?= <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br>
To:        vbox@FreeBSD.org, vbox-dev@virtualbox.org
Subject:   Minimalist OpenGL program crashing

Dears

I'm using this minimalist program to test OpenGL. When running on a true
machine (FreeBSD 11, clang 3.8.0) this program runs fine. But, when
compiling and running in a Virtualbox guest with
virtualbox-ose-additions-5.1.8 installed (FreeBSD 11, clang 3.8.0,
OpenGL enabled)  I'm getting a core dump when the program exits. So its
not clear to me if this is a FreeBSD port problem or not. So, please, I
wold like ask you to compile and running in your's guest machine running
Linux or FreeBSD and report to me the results.

Program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <GL/glew.h>
#include <GL/gl.h>
#include <GL/glu.h>
#include <GL/glut.h>
#include <GL/glext.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {

         glutInit(&argc, argv);
         glutCreateWindow("GLUT");
         glewInit();

         printf("OpenGL version supported by this platform (%s): \n",
         glGetString(GL_VERSION));

         fprintf(stdout, "Exiting...\n");
         fflush(stdout);

         return 0;
}

Compiler command:

cc -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -o testegl testegl.c -lGL
-lGLEW -lGLU   -lglut

My results in a guest machine:

[ota@nostromo /usr/home/ota/Desktop]$ ./testegl
OpenGL version supported by this platform (2.1 Chromium 1.9):
Exiting...
Segmentation fault (imagem do nĂșcleo gravada)

Thanks a lot!

[]'s

-Otacilio