Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2012 13:18:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        dougb@freebsd.org (Doug Barton), FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>, Jase Thew <jase@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Question about new options framework (regression?)

Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > Doug Barton wrote:
 > > Traditionally the precedence has been:
 > >
 > > make.conf < OPTIONS < command line
 >
 > Are you sure?  But how did the old framework find out if a
 > WITH_* / WITHOUT_* variable came from make.conf or from the
 > command line?

Uhm, please ignore what I wrote.  I forgot about "?=" syntax
in make.conf ...  In that case it works fine, of course.

So, it really should be sufficient to move the compatibility
section (the one that looks at WITH_* / WITHOUT_*) to the
end of bsd.options.mk, after the section that loads the
options file from $PORTS_DBDIR.  Then the desired behaviour
should be back.

Best regards
   Oliver

"Python is an experiment in how much freedom programmers need.
Too much freedom and nobody can read another's code; too little
and expressiveness is endangered."
        -- Guido van Rossum