Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2012 10:03:11 +0100
From:      Mike Clarke <mike@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Thomas Mueller <mueller23@insightbb.com>
Subject:   Re: Address to reach human operator regarding problems with list?

On Thursday 31 May 2012 11:06:24 Thomas Mueller wrote:
> I contacted my Internet service provider, Insight Cable, about the problem,
> and they need a copy of any message that bounces, so they can see what went
> awry.

I had the same problem a while ago with my ISP (Plusnet). Standard response
from front line support is to say you need to send a copy of the message that
you never had. Eventually I diverted my questions@ mail to a server that I
had control of and relayed the messages from there to my ISP account so I
could monitor the logs. The spam was being rejected with "552 Spam Message
Rejected" and no information was returned to identify the email. Most of the
rejected mail was spam but there were a small number of false positives. When
I managed to get past the ISP's  front line support they removed the
addresses for the false positives from the blacklist but this is only a
temporary fix since more addresses keep wrongly finding heir way onto the
list over time, though they do eventually drop off it again.

Plusnet use Cloudmark spam filtering and I see from the OP's headers that
Insight also use Cloudmark so I'd expect similar things are happening there.
I was able to stop the bounces by adding freebsd.org to the whitelist on my
ISP account - but with the downside of seeing more spam on the list.

--
Mike Clarke