Date:      Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:39:33 +0200
From:      Thomas Spreng <spreng@socket.ch>
To:        Abdrashitov Dmitry <adk@moris.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg_version: BABagntux is not a valid package!

Hi Dmitry,

> i use freebsd 6.2
> there is some strange error -
> when i try this command : "pkg_version -v"
> i get endless list:
> pkg_version: BABagntux is not a valid package!
> pkg_version: BABagntux is not a valid package!
> pkg_version: BABagntux is not a valid package!
> pkg_version: BABagntux is not a valid package!
> pkg_version: BABagntux is not a valid package!
>
> when i try this command : "pkgdb -F"
> ---> Checking the package registry database
> BABagntux: Not in due form: <name>-<version>

did you install BrightStor ARCserve Backup on this host? If yes, it
looks like it's install script tries to register the client as a package
in an incorrect way. At least that's what I remember.

well, I can't offer you a solution but to uninstall or ignore these
messages. Maybe it's save to remove the corresponding /var/db/pkg entry
but I'm not completely sure.

hope this helps somehow.

cheers,

tom.