Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 16:36:20 BST
From:      Michael Searle <searle@longacre.demon.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tracker/sample player

Yes, I've done it again...

I've got NAS working (it was a library problem.) I'm fairly sure that NAS is
OK, as auplay, auwave, audial all work.

I've tried to get a version of 'tracker' to run on NAS as this has an NAS
target in the distribution, but it runs through the MOD  without producing
any sound. (if you set -scroll then it prints it out as usual.) The text
output is as usual, but very fast. After finishing, the child process
doesn't exit. (the NAS driver forks, with a separate process to talk to
NAS.)

Has anyone got this to work with NAS?
(Or any other tracker player. But 'tracker' seems the best choice as it has
both a FreeBSD port and a NAS port. I don't know about gmod/xgmod but I
assume that it is GUS only. If it will run on other machines (like, my SB16)
please tell me, but it isn't on the CD for me to easily check.)

--
Michael Searle - searle@longacre.demon.co.uk