Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 1997 12:14:33 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        jeanmarc@starfleet.umd.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: instalation instruction

Jean-Marc Henriette wrote:

> Just a piece of info for you.. in the instalation instruction you
> mention that you can only make a boot floppy from "dos mode." allthough
> it will work, the user can also enter the regular DOS prompt mode and
> type "lock" this will give him a warning that he's allowing programs to
> access the drive directly to which he must say that he wants to (type y)
> and then he can run rawrite without exiting windoze 95.
>
> Jean-Marc

This was the topic of a long discussion here once. For some people,
rawrite works in a normal Win95 command prompt without doing anything
special (I myself am among those). For others, even DOS mode is not good
enogh. The bottom line: whatever is written in the doc's, it will
probably be wrong for some people.

Nadav