Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:10:32 +0100
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        "Egervary Gergely" <mauzi@faber.poli.hu>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MAXUSERS question, what is max MAXUSERS setting?

well i bumped it to 512 and nmbclusters to 32768 on several machines that
got 5000+ (!) http requests a second... the problem is the number of maximum
open files in the system (32k in this case) and open sockets.
/k

--
The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom. -W. Blake
Karsten W. Rohrbach - Senior Research Engineer - Nacamar Data Communications