Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:11:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Taylor <mtaylor@cybernet.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, bugs@xinside.com
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster Pro 2 card stops for video output

You were right-  the Accelerated-X 2.1 server was screwing it all up!
My audio IRQs where never being processed- the Accelerated X server was
starving the system!

I really like the Accelerated-X software.  When they fix it, I may go
back.  For now, I've got to use the XFree86 stuff. (I appreciate their
efforts as well!)

Thanks for your support.  :)

On 04:02:53 Doug White wrote:

>> >I can't reproduce this on my P100, GUS PnP, and ATI Mach64 video using
>> >your command (under X -- the ps -ax is barely doing anything!)
>> >
>> >What's your video card?
>>
>> A Diamond Stealth 64 w/ 2 Mb DRAM, running Accelerated-X 2.1.
>
>Well, I'm on XFree86, so it may be accelX related...
>
>> >DMA 1 may be used by something else; also, the shared DMA may be confusing
>> >it.  (Wait -- a Pro isn't a 16 bit device, it only has one DMA channel!)
>>
>> That's right- it's supposed to be an 8 bit card, but it has a the
>> extension for the 16 bit ISA bus.  Hmmm...

>> >How about other ISA devices?
>>
>> There are no other ISA cards in the machine!
>
>Everything else checks out, or so it appears.
>
>The only thing I can think of is that accelX  is stickier about video
>output that XFree is.
>
>Doug White                              | University of Oregon
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking Assistant
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Computer Science Major
Mark J. Taylor                                  Network R&D Manager
Cybernet Systems                                mtaylor@cybernet.com
727 Airport Blvd.                               PHONE (313) 668-2567
Ann Arbor, MI  48108                            FAX   (313) 668-8780