Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 14:13:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic in 3.1 upgrade

After getting my test machine upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1-stable. I took the
process to another machine to bring it up as well. On the machine I am
trying to upgrade now I get the following error when doing a
make buildworld. But only after a minute or so of doing the buildworld.

cd: can't cd to /usr/src/usr.sbin/named/../../lib/libbind
Panic: pipeinit: can not allocate pipe -- out of kvm -- code =3
mp_lock = 00000001; cpuid=0; lapic.id = 00000000
Debugger("panic")
Stopped at _Debbuger+0x35:  movb $0,_in_Debbuger.98

db>

the only way I can get out of the   db>  prompt is to type in    panic.

The differences in the two machine are that the upgrade on the machine
giving the error is a dual 450Mhz  pentium with RAID-5.   Maxusers are set
at 512 if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions??

Keith

	Keith Woodman					Technical Coordinator
	Keith@lightningweb.com				Lightningweb LLC

	      pid 7962 (sniffit), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)