Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 23:22:16 -0400
From:      Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
To:        Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
Cc:        Tyler Spivey <tyler@wapvi.bc.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: package file missing?

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 10:35:03PM +0200, Marc Silver wrote:
> As far as I can see, 1.5.2 is the latest version...
>
> > can i run 5.0 packages on 4.0r?
>
> Yes.  :)

Although this is now true, I wouldn't count it remaining true. There is no
guarantee whatsoever that the system libraries in 5.0 and 4.0 are going to
be in sync; once the code bases diverge significantly enough, it's likely
that you will not be able to run -CURRENT packages on -STABLE or 4-RELEASE
(why would you want to, anyways? Don't we make 4.0 packages?)

Eric