Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:13:17 +0100 (MET)
From:      Flemming Jacobsen <fj@schizo.dk.tfs.com>
To:        aa@jump.net (Allan Alford)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wangtek 51000HT 1/4"  SCSI-2 QIC 1000

Hi world,

> I've been using the following syntax in my script:
>
> tar -cv /dev/nrst0 /foo
> tar -cv /dev/nrst0 /bar
> tar -cv /dev/nrst0 /foobar

Uhmmmm, you DO mean 'tar -cvf /dev/nrst0 /foo', right? Otherwise
your problem is pretty obvious - tar defaults to use /dev/rst0
(but a backup of the /dev/nrst0 device is allways nice ;-).
I realize that the missing 'f' probably is a typo. OTOH it would
account for the behaviour that you see.

> When I check the tape the next morning, I do:
>
> mt rewind
> (tape already seems to be rewound)
> tar -tv
> (yields the tar of foobar - the last from the list)
> mt fsf 1
> (nothing seems to happen)
> tar -tv
> (yields the tar of foobar - the last from the list)

	Have a nice day
	Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen               It'll probably say something like "Does not
TRW Financial Systems, Denmark  compute" or "Inoperative parameters". That's