Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 19:12:42 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: converting drivers to dynamic memory...

> As to when DEVFS becomes ready,
> I'm looking at a release in a week or two.
> I'm having trouble finding things that fail.
> (you should try the newest file in ftp://hub.freebsd.org/pub/scsi)

Wilco.  See other message about hardware.  8(

> mainly they are related to things that make stupid assumptions..

... or have typos in the #ifdef DEVFS section.  We had a few of those
in code here.  8)

> BTW Mike,
> You said you found some failure conditions but I can't find the email
> can you remind me?

Start xdm, and try logging in.  Then move the mouse.

caveat: there were odd poll/select changes going on when I tried this
last, it may have been non-DEVFS related.

I think there may be problems in the pccard code too; I was seeing an
extra insertion event for the second card at startup, and there may be
problems with card removal not revoking the device node.

mike