Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:40:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ron Echeverri <rone@B1FF.nas.nasa.gov>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Requisite steps for tracking -stable

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:
  > This seems like an escalation of responsibility for the user.
  > I've read (and agree) that tracking -stable without subscribing to the
  > stable mailing list is asking for whatever you get.  I'd never heard a
  > requirement for reading the CVS logs before.
  If it's not a documented requirement, I agree that it should be.
  Running -current or -stable for the uninitiated is just too dangerous
  and I definitely forsee a day when cvsup won't even touch your source
  tree until it's verified that you performed all the requisite steps.

So, to make things as clear as possible, what are all the requisite
steps?  I, too, was under the impression subscribing to freebsd-stable
would be enough to keep track of vital information regarding the
-stable tree.  If there is something else that must be done, this
should be detailed somewhere obvious, like the Handbook.

rone
--
Ron Echeverri			Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation Facility
DSS/Usenet Administrator	NASA Ames Research Center