Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 18:16:20 +1030 (CST)
From:      Matt Baker <matt@portal.net.au>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   VScom Pro 800 multiport card config

Hopefully this might help someone else out.

Recently my supplier supplied a VScom 800 PRO 8 port serial card
in place of the usual TC-800 card that I usually use.

The VScom card is a short length ISA card and comes with a fan out
cable to the RS232 ports.  It uses PLCC 16550 UARTS (4 mounted
on each side of the board).

Configuration of the card is not done via the normal jumpers usually
found on multi-i/o cards, but via a software setup disk with details
stored into nvram.

The card supports a couple of different modes, one being a BOCA clone,
the other an AST compatable mode.

After playing around with the card I have come up with the following
config that works.

AST mode
---------
Use the cardconf utility on the setup disk under dos to configure the
card.  I used the following settings.

Port 1	0180H		IRQ 7	Standard speed
Port 2	0188H		IRQ 7	Standard speed
Port 3	0190H		IRQ 7	Standard speed
Port 4	0198H		IRQ 7	Standard speed
Port 5	01A0H		IRQ 7	Standard speed
Port 6	01A8H		IRQ 7	Standard speed
Port 7	01B0H		IRQ 7	Standard speed
Port 8	01B8H		IRQ 7	Standard speed
IRQ vector 01BFH

Then set the following into the kernel:

OPTIONS "COM_MULTIPORT"
device	sio4	at isa? port 0x180 tty flags 0xb01 irq 7 vector siointr
device	sio5	at isa? port 0x188 tty flags 0xb01
device	sio6	at isa? port 0x190 tty flags 0xb01
device	sio7	at isa? port 0x198 tty flags 0xb01
device	sio8	at isa? port 0x1a0 tty flags 0xb01
device	sio9	at isa? port 0x1a8 tty flags 0xb01
device	sio10	at isa? port 0x1b0 tty flags 0xb01
device	sio11	at isa? port 0x1b8 tty flags 0xb01

BOCA mode
---------

The BOCA mode also works.  just set the IRQ vector to disabled, and set
the flags to 0xb05

Drop me an email if you have problems.

Matt.