Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 1995 13:11:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      Karl Strickland <karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk>
To:        Dima Ruban <dima@freebsd.org>
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, pete@puffin.pelican.com, julian@ref.tfs.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP Spoofing etc.

> Ollivier Robert writes:
> >
> > It seems that Pete Carah said:
> > > The latest cert report was a summary of the 'announced' bugs which are
> > > still outstanding on popular systems...  I don't know which ones we are
> > > susceptible to; we are using the latest (or next-latest) sendmail which
> > > has plugged many of them.
> >
> > Speaking of sendmail, can we import 8.7.1 in -CURRENT ?
>
> 8.7.1 has a bit different sendmail.cf ....

I would suggest waiting a while before importing sendmail 8.7.x.  Apparently
an awful lot of code has changed or been-added since 8.6.12, and as far as I
know, nobody has performed a security audit on the 8.7.1 code yet.

Unless there are compelling reasons to go to 8.7.1 now, I would say 'better
with the devil you know', at least for the time being.

--
Mailed using ELM on FreeBSD               |                    Karl Strickland