Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:14:29 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        Carl Johan Madestrand <cj@vallcom.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, will@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A few problems with KDE 2.0

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 12:30:51AM -0800, Kent Stewart wrote:
> I have everything running except the CD player group, which won't
> build because it wants a scsiiio.h that was deleted a while back. If
> you try to install KDE-2 over KDE-1.x, nothing but trouble results. I
> did that and today I finally make cleaned and pkg_deleted everything.
> I had qt-1.45 and qt-2.2.1, which I also cleaned up and only

QT 1.x and 2.x can coexist.  But if you don't delete your old QT2
installation there will probably be some problems.  Unless you have the
newest one (which was 2.2.1 in this case).  But KDE 1.x and 2.x cannot
coexist unless you put them under different PREFIXes (which _should_
work now, except KDE2 hasn't been tested in this regard, but I believe
imura-san fixed KDE 1.x, so you could put 1.x in something like
/usr/local2 or something.. no guarantees).

> reinstalled qt-2.2.1. Then I "cd /usr/ports/x11/kde2" and did a make
> and make install. When it finally finished, I had KDE-2 running. If
> you make a change to arts, you have to logout and log back in for it
> to start.

Did you have to do anything special to get logging out to work?

--
wca