Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2000 10:40:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      hunter@dina.kvl.dk
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/23251: exports(5) man page erroneous in 4.2-STABLE

>Number:         23251
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       exports(5) man page erroneous in 4.2-STABLE
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The examples in the exports(5) man page, give the impression that it is
possible to implement fine grained access control to exported file
systems, by using several lines, per file system, in /etc/exports.

Specifically it appears that these lines would be valid in /etc/exports:
/usr /usr/local -maproot=0:10 friends
/usr -maproot=daemon grumpy.cis.uoguelph.ca 131.104.48.16
/usr -ro -mapall=nobody

Since only one line, per file system, is allowed in /etc/exports, this
man page might confuse users: It confused me.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Someone should rewrite the exports(5) man page to reflect the reality
of FreeBSD-STABLE. If I thought I was qualified, I would volunteer
myself.