Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:24:27 -0500
From:      rafege@mail.com (Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D.)
To:        daniel+fbsdm@pelleg.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WiFi Access Point Discovery Tools ?

Dan Pelleg <daniel+fbsdm@pelleg.org> wrote:

!It definitely works for me, using either a builtin mini-PCI (intel card
!using ipw) or PCCARD (lucent or US-robotics cards using wi). Further, I
!hardly ever need to do that manually since dhclient usually just DTRT for
[...]

OK, that's interesting.
So, theoretically, "wicontrol -i wiX -L" should list access points
that are within range of the WiFi device...
What kind of output should I expect from this ?

My kernel has "device wlan" and "device wi" compiled in
(I believe, since I'm away from notebook just now);
is anything else needed (kernel or userland) for "-L" to work ?
--
Gary E. RAFE, Ph.D.	<mailto:rafege@mail.com>
Please do not send me HTML-encoded mail.