Date:      Tue, 16 May 2006 22:56:44 -1000
From:      Stephen Bartlett <stephen@bartlettsoftware.biz>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Skype "phone" ...

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

Thus spake Marc G. Fournier on Wed, May 17, 2006 at 01:38:39AM -0300:
>=20
> Just curious, but what are ppl running on their FreeBSD boxes as far as a=
=20
> phone is concerned?  I don't even have a webcam hooked up to my FreeBSD=
=20
> box yet, let alone a microphone ... I see reference to a 'USB Phone' on=
=20
> Skype's site ... something like that available that works well under=20
> FreeBSD?  Or something else that is better?

I elected not to fool around with anything so 'complex' as a USB device -- =
I went with just a headset that uses the mini microphone and speaker jacks:=
 I chose the "Sennheiser PC110 Single Sided Headset with Microphone"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C109O/102-8978497-4975324?v=3Dglance&=
n=3D172282

=2E..and it works great.  $11 on eBay, new.

- Stephen

--=20
Stephen Bartlett
President, Bartlett Software, Inc.