Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:32:47 +0100
From:      Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
To:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation bug (4.0-19991227-CURRENT)

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 02:14:29PM -0500, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> Did a test install against the latest snapshot.
>
> The network configuration comes up with "dc0" (we have de0),
> this "works" in that we were able to perform the network
> install (so it must be a typo somewhere).

If you had been following -current, you would know that Bill Paul
has written the dc driver, that works with much of the same cards
that the de driver does. If both the de and dc driver are available,
the dc driver wins.

> However, it results in multiple entries in /etc/rc.conf (three,
> total), which have to be removed before the network will come
> up correctly after rebooting.
>
> NB, this was an install over a previous 4.0 instance, so there's
> the possibility that the rc.conf file was edited rather than written
> over -- though I would doubt that (?).

That is probably the case ...

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver, jesper(at)skriver(dot)dk
Work:    Network manager @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)