Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2012 21:18:47 +0100
From:      Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.freebsd.org>, freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patches for if_iwi and wlan for WEP mode

On Wednesday 07 March 2012 19:45:11 Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd rather you didn't commit iwi_update_mcast() unless you absolutely
> know that the NIC doesn't need to be notified of multicast group
> membership changes. If so, please commit that as a separate fix.

Oh well, iwi(4) receives multicast frames just fine, they are
discarded somewhere else though last time I've checked, another
offtopic issue ;)

> I'll look at iwi later and give you feedback on that particular change.

I did look into this once for ipw it was I guess, the firmware
doesn't support filtering based on addresses so everything one
could achieve here is enable/disable filtering of all multicast
frames. Check iwi_configuration.enable_multicast_filtering, which
is a bool actually not an uint8_t.

--
Bernhard