Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2021 18:16:58 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-rj@obsigna.com, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GENERICSD snapshot on a BBB has issues with loading the  if_rtwn_usb module

Dr. Rolf Jansen freebsd-rj at obsigna.com wrote on
Mon Jan 25 23:40:24 UTC 2021 :

QUOTE
Below comes a copy of the console messages between the end of reboot =
until Loading the kernel (s below). My original e-mail comes in =
formatted text, so you would see when the terminal color is switched =
from black on white (the default of the Mac Terminal since 20++ years) =
to white on black (the default of MS-DOS in the 80ths :-). The color =
switch happens together with the following output: Consoles: EFI console =
Reading loader env vars from /efi/freebsd/loader.env=20
END QUOTE

In case it is any help, I've a context that records the
binary stream (but for a RPi3B). I happen to use:

beastie_disable=3D"YES"
loader_color=3D"NO"

(Technically the disable might make the NO
redundant. But I'm not overly concerned with the result
details that actually happen for my context. This is
just an FYI submittal about the detailed output
character sequence observed.)

In order to reasonably read the output, I've removed the
2867 instances of: ESCAPE[?25h that were in the log file
before extracting the following that also has ESCAPEs
removed but leaves the other escape-sequence characters
for reference.

QUOTING THE LOG (other than ESCAPE characters):
Booting /efi\boot\bootaa64.efi
[2J[1;1H[2J[1;1H[0;37;40m[1;1HConsoles: EFI console =20

|=08/=08-=08\=08|=08/=08-=08\=08    Reading loader env vars from =
/efi/freebsd/loader.env
END QUOTE

This does result in the character cells written to ending up
as white text on a black background, unlike before that
point --and the cells not written to around what is written
to on a line. The last line to still have the mix on the same
line is:

FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 4 CPUs

After that line, the lines have a back background all the
way across (still white text) until I do something that
happens to twiddle with the background color again.

I've not tried anything with teken.bg_color or teken.fg_color .

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went