Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:07:55 -0500
From:      Eric Long <eric@metrotv.com>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Libman" <jeffrl@wantabe.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: using my fbsd box for a t1 router

I recently setup FreeBSD 4.3 to function as a router for a T1 for our
company.  I used the Emerging Technologies card and had to use an external
CSU/DSU.  The card was about $650 with the cable, you can find CSU/DSU's in
the $500 range.  There are options that allow for multiple T1's to be used,
but those cards cost a little more.  Their website is http://www.etinc.com.

Their documentation had several typos in it, feel free to contact me for
proper configuration information.  I wasn't too pleased with their
documentation.  They could easily elminate 90% of the fluff in it and just
provide a quick-and-easy 1-2-3 setup.  Overall though, I am very pleased
with their product.

-Eric