Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 09:02:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        chris@bb.cc.wa.us (Chris Coleman)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound Cards

> I am having trouble finding the Gravis Ultra Sound Cards,
>
> How much luck are we having with the SB 64 AWE Cards?

unless you want to make use of the synthesizer (or wavetable)
do yourself a favour and stay away from the SoundBlaster...

they are supported but their operation in full duplex is far from
satisfactory.

I suggest instead some WSS clone e.g. those based on the CS4237 or
Yamaha SA-2/SA-3 or OPTI931 (but the latter is not very good).

	Luigi