Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:58:58 -0500
From:      Craig Boston <craig@feniz.gank.org>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em0: watchdog timeout -- resetting (6.1-STABLE)

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 02:27:29AM +0200, Ronald Klop wrote:
> Them manual page em(4) mentions trying another cable when the watchdog
> timeout happens, so I tried that. But it didn't help.
> Is there anything I can test to (help) debug this?
> It happens a lot when my machine is under load. (100% CPU)
> Is it possible that it happens since I upgraded the memory from 1GB to 2
> GB?

I don't think it's the cable.  I started getting these recently as well
(starting about a week ago).  Always when there's a lot of CPU and disk
I/O load.

Also sometimes my USB keyboard would become unresponsive at about the
same time (under high load).  Sometimes it would stutter and act like
the key was being held down for a second or two.

I built a new kernel (6.2-PRE now) on 9/12.  The keyboard problem seems
to be gone but I still get the em watchdog timeouts occasionally.

Craig