Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:53:04 -0600
From:      info@sltic.com
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.5 on a HP Netserver

I've installed freebsd 2.2.5 on a HP Netserver LS2
(2 P100s). I recompiled the kernel with the options
output by mptable. No errors on the recompile and
no errors on reboot. But the 2nd CPU is not recognized
(is by BIOS) and is not used. I looked at the machdep.c
patch but can't make sense of it. Is this what I need to
work on to get SMP working? Anyone using a similiar
hardware setup and can offer any assistance?

TIA,

Bruce
info@sltic.com