Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 1996 16:13:16 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mr M P Searle <csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Console messages in an xterm

How can I get the messages that would normally appear on ttyv0 to appear in an rxvt/xterm? Xconsole isn't really what I want - it's a separate window, and only shows console messages, not ordinary messages that are sent there as they are from stuff that has loaded from .xinitrc (startx is in my login)

I tried watch, but it needs an extra device, which isn't in either /dev/MAKEDEV or /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/devices.something (the file of major device numbers, so I could do a mknod)

What I really want I guess is to boot from an xterm , is this possible?

Thanks, Michael.