Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 11:12:11 +0200
From:      Eric MASSON <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IE for FreeBSD

Hi folks,

This thread is begining to irritate me :
1 - Religious wars are stupid and always cause disasters.
2 - Why bother with importing MS in FreeBSD ? You need IE4, use
NT/95/98/3.1.
3 - FreeBSD is a Free Un*x, this means, system openness, open source...
(I don't think M$ agrees with that)
4 - I sure don't want COM/DCOM object model (IE4 base layer) and all his
security holes while we have an alternative as CORBA right now. (Kde,
Gnome object models).

Last, I use both NT and BSD. They're different, that's right, and that's
why I use them both.

No flames please.

Eric MASSON

"Bill A. K." a écrit :

> Hi,
>      I was wondering if anyone here would like to get together with me and
> see if we can bug Microsoft to release a version of Internet Explorer for
> FreeBSD (or even Linux) BTW they have it for Solaris and HP-UX currently
>
> Anyone here who would interested in going with me on this, let me know.
>
> :)
>
> Bill
> billieakay@yahoo.com

Any opinions expressed above  | Murphy's Law Corollary :
are my own, not Kisoft's      | Murphy was an optimist.