Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:11:10 +0200
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        gahn <ipfreak@yahoo.com>
Cc:        mpd <mpd-users@lists.sourceforge.net>, freebsd general questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Mpd-users] option mpp-compress

Y-rack oout 4os!

2006/1/31, gahn <ipfreak@yahoo.com>:

> What is the command "set ccp yes mpp-compress" for? I
> noticed that it affects the configuration of the
> client (encryption). with that command in mpd.conf,
> the client must use "Optional encryption". Without
> that command, the client could use settings like
> "Maximum strength encryption".
>
> But in the manual:
>
> http://www.bretterklieber.com/mpd/doc3/mpd24.html#24
>
> it seems to be saying that this command must be a part
> of configuration.

  Or should it? This option should just enable MPPC
(Microsoft-Point-to-Point-Compression). And also we can see on the
same page:

=3D=3D=3D=3D
The options available at the CCP layer are listed below. Note that the
STAC and MPPC options require proprietary files that are not included
with the normal mpd distribution.
=3D=3D=3D=3D

  This is said generally about mpp-compress. Try to examine your log
files - if you did nothing to compile MPPC in mpd should point it out.

  Other commands in there describe MPPE
(Microsoft-Point-to-Point-Encryption). The good way of enabling
encryption for your bundle is:

set ccp yes mppc mpp-e40 mpp-e56 mpp-e128 mpp-stateless

--
[WBR], Arcade.