Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:49:10 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2nd SCSI drive not detected. Why?

From: Daren R. Sefcik <daren@partners-dsi.com>
> >> The controller detects the drive just fine.  The OS, on the other
> >> hand, doesn't.
> >
> >Is SCSI ID 15 the address used by the 2940US controller?
> >(mentally fill in the sound of two SCSI ID's colliding...:-)
> >

> With the 2940UW I could be wrong..but typically they (wide)
> controllers still use scsi id 7

Yes, that is how they are set up (controller on id 7).  If it is set to an
id higher then 7, then any thing on the 8 bit scsi bus wouldn't be able to
see the controller.

Also, you need to make sure that both ends of the bus is terminated, plus
the controller needs to be terminated on the high bits.

Scot