Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 1995 18:08:05 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        torstenb@solar.tlk.com (Torsten Blum)
Cc:        Ruiyuan_Jiang/Advantage_KBS_at_LotusXchg@njcorp.akbs.com, torstenb@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Configuration files needs to be changed after compiling

It seems that Torsten Blum said:
> > The configuration step (for the compilation) is no weird (and IMO
> > badly made -- I've installed dozen of INN now and hate it every time).

Doing  substitutions on  source files  before  compilation in order to cope
with OS differences  is plain silly  and  defeats all  the purposes of  the
various CM (we use CVS).

Every time you  compile it (and  possibly modify the  source) to adapt to a
new machine, some  files are  modified  and when  you  want to  commit  the
changes, you got commit on files that you did not change !

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #7: Mon Dec 18 00:50:47 MET 1995