Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:42:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Geoffrey <geoffrey@reptiles.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   lock order reversal

Good day ladies and gents

	Cvsupping and rebuilding a 5.0 current box to release Monday
resulted in the following curiousness:

lock order reversal
 1st 0xc1190068 process lock (process lock) @
/usr/src/sys/kern/kern_descrip.c:2
112
 2nd 0xc11ac934 filedesc structure (filedesc structure) @
/usr/src/sys/kern/kern
_descrip.c:2119

Uname -a:

FreeBSD xxx.xxx.xxx 5.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE-p3 #2: Tue Feb 25
14:45:28 EST 2003     punchy@binky.dsl.ca:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BINKY4
i386

	I did try grabbing a more recent copy of the file in question
yesterday, but diff produced no diff.
	This appears to prevent Postgres postmaster from starting.

	/src and /obj were cleaned out prior to the cvsup and build so
sources were indeed new (yes, I realise recent recommendations oppose this
sort of thing, but it is an old 586 box with limited space).

	Haven't seen any new commits regarding this either (the last that
appeared to touch it seems to be from the 19th - between my last cvsup on
the 18th and now).

	Suggestions, recommendations?

	Cheers.