Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:50:37 GMT
From:      jcaldwell@ymcastlouis.org
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/74008: IBM eServer x225 cannot boot any v5.x - endlessdump scrolling in bootloader.

The following reply was made to PR i386/74008; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jcaldwell@ymcastlouis.org
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, jcaldwell@ymcastlouis.org
Subject: Re: i386/74008: IBM eServer x225 cannot boot any v5.x - endless dump
 scrolling in bootloader.
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:48:45 -0600

 --=_alternative 007799A286256F4E_=

 Problem does NOT appear if using boot floppies. I was able to install &
 use the system just fine if I boot from the floppies, then install from
 the CDROM. This appears to only affect actual booting from the CDROM,
 built from the ISO images from the ftp.freebsd.org site.
 --=_alternative 007799A286256F4E_=

 floppies. I was able to install &amp; use the system just fine if I boot
 from the floppies, then install from the CDROM. This appears to only affect
 actual booting from the CDROM, built from the ISO images from the ftp.freebsd.org
 site.</font>
 --=_alternative 007799A286256F4E_=--