Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:42:50 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <current@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell D810/FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE/interrupts??

On Friday 03 March 2006 11:19, Dmitry Pryanishnikov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Anthony Maher wrote:
> > In /etc/rc.conf, commenting out the following solved the problems.
> >
> > ###performance_cx_lowest="LOW"
> > ###economy_cx_lowest="LOW"
> >
> > sorry for the noise.
>
>   It's not a noise, it's a real problem. My ASUS M5A notebook (Intel
> Pentium M CPU model 750 1.86GHz), usually quite fast machine, becomes
> dead slow if I leave now-default settings *_cx_lowest="LOW". Every
> keystroke takes almost second to get echo on idle machine. I understand,
> ACPI developers want to test non-C1 cx states, that's why default
> settings have changed. But with this level of performance everybody will
> just switch back to C1.

Could you eventually try another Cx state? I have similar trouble with VIA
Samuel based system, available states are C1, C2 and C3. LOW means C3, but
this is terribly slow and unusable, in effect. C2, set via sysctl works well.
I think ACPI developers would like to know our experiences.
Regards,
Milan