Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 07:41:03 -0600
From:      "Aaron Wohl" <wohl@chessclub.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.7 using current vinum to snapshot?

I am trying to use the current vinum in the stable release to do
snapshoting.  I setup a raid 1 let the added drive sync, stop the added
drive, hook it up to a different volume, fsck it, mount it read only.

It does work but I get a couple of error messages along the way.  Is
anyone else using vinum to do snapshoting?  Is there some other order to
do these steps in and not get the error messages?  Im aware of the notes
in the vinum documentation about future directions for snapshoting...

## starting here the two disks are setup as mirror 1
## break the mirror and then mount the copy else where so it can be
backeed up
vinum detach cplex
vinum setstate down cplex
vinum setstate down cplex.s0
# ignore error Can't attach cplex to mir2:  1 in next step it works
anyway
vinum attach cplex mir2
fsck -y /dev/vinum/mir2
mount /dev/vinum/mir2 /mnt2