Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 1996 18:54:42 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@freefall.freebsd.org>, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape install of FreeBSD

: No kidding.. :-)

Actually, I'd be happy with something (that may or may not be web
based) that I can run on my current system and have it generate the
needed junk to do a seemless upgrade.  From past converstations, this
would likely be a generated tcl script that would just call install
things and have them do the right thing.

How hard would that be to do?  Heck, we could even generate custom
boot disks with this stuff on it that could be used by an automatic
boot disk generator web page.  That is assuming that the vn stuff I
saw lately works well enough to mount files.

For the truly evil minded, it could be a java script that you download
that querries the system configuration and then generates a filled in
form that could be sent to a CGI program that would create a boot disk
for you to download (which said java program could then download, and
maybe even write to the floppy).

Warner

P.S.  I notice that the Caldera stuff I got recently had two boot
disks that seemed to be needed to boot linux.  I was very happy to see
we just need one now. :-)