Date:      Wed, 23 May 2012 14:24:43 -0700
From:      Jason Helfman <jgh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>, swills@freebsd.org, perl <perl@freebsd.org>, wblock@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Porter's Handbook Perl section update

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 09:38:34PM +0100, Chris Rees thus spake:
>On 23 May 2012 21:25, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:

>>> [adding perl@]
>>>
>>> Please!
>>

>> (Taking that as "please go ahead" rather than "please go away".)
>>
>> The attached diff replaces that note, cleans up some use of commas and minor
>> wording, and removes <literal> tags around "Perl" when talking about the
>> language rather than the specific interpreter. Capitalization is also
>> changed as in
>> http://learn.perl.org/faq/perlfaq1.html#Whats-the-difference-between-perl-and-Perl-
>>
>> I tried this with <application> tags around every instance of Perl, and
>> reading it was like listening to someone who Pronounces Capitals.  One use
>> of <application> in the title seems adequate.
>
>Looks great to me.
>
>Personally I would not have minded loads of <application>s, but that's just me.
>
>Chris

Looks great to me, as well. I still ascertain that "the" is one of
the most overused and unneeded words in the English language. Yes, I've used
it twice in the previous sentence, but most sentences can do without it :)

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman
FreeBSD Committer | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh | The Power To Serve