Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:12:25 +0300
From:      Iasen Kostov <tbyte@otel.net>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ndis wrapper missing some functions.

Hello
  A friend of mine has Compaq nx6125 with onboard wireless BCM9 4318
MPG. (pciconf -lv :

none3@pci2:2:0: class=0x028000 card=0x1356103c chip=0x431814e4 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    class    = network

)

When I create KLD with ndisgen (everything works perfect there) I get
this upon loading :

no match for strrchr
no match for MmFreeContiguousMemorySpecifyCache
no match for MmAllocateContiguousMemorySpecifyCache
no match for MmGetPhysicalAddress
ndis0: <Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN> mem 0xd0010000-0xd0011fff irq 22 at
device 2.0 on pci2
ndis0: NDIS API version: 5.1
ntoskrnl dummy called...

fault virtual address	= 0x1a
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x20:0xc6f01179
stack pointer	        = 0x28:0xe5453720
frame pointer	        = 0x28:0xe5453734
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 855 (kldload)
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 29m3s

	It looks like ndiswrapper does not implement the 3 funcs strrchr(),
MmFreeContiguousMemorySpecifyCache(),
MmAllocateContiguousMemorySpecifyCache() and MmGetPhysicalAddress() and
I can assume that "ntoskrnl dummy called..." means that they are
substituted with a stub funcs. But memory allocation functions don't
like stubs and that's probably the reason for the panic. I thinks it
will be easy to implement strrchr() but other 3 are out of my
experties :).