Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 1999 16:05:03 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Ask Bjoern Hansen <ask@valueclick.com>
Cc:        Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>, Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Benchmarking web apps on Apache

Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:

> tOn Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Seth wrote:

> > mod_perl handler stuff).  The "crucial" tests (dynamic content via cgi's)
> > showed the other OS to edge out our beloved FreeBSD.
>
> Nah, get real. If you're concerned about performance, cgi will be your
> last option.

Err... Since cgi are widely used, you might want to consider that
many people consider *CGI PERFOMANCE* to be very important. It's not
a question of how to extract most performance out of it, but how
much performance the system will give to what you actually have to
serve.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Given infinite time, 100 monkeys could type out the complete works
of Shakespeare.
	Win 98 source code? Eight monkeys, five minutes.